Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Guest Testimonials of the Week

Bar W Guest Ranch, Whitefish, Montana


“Our visit to the Bar W was two-fold. Firstly it has been a lifelong dream to visit Montana after years of writing to a pen pal here as child. Secondly it was to overcome a fear of horse riding as a result of a near fatal accident n the UK. Our visit here has met all our expectations, dreams and more! The careful management of the ranch by Ted is evident in all his people show have a “can do” attitude at all times (with safely and fun built in at all times). A special mention must go to Dave whom without I don’t believe I would have trusted myself to overcome my fears and enjoy the rest of the week. Thank you Dave! We would like to give special mention to Mandy who is not only a talented rider but a beautiful photographer and talented girl. Justin we thank for his manner and caring smile. James we thank for his fun and taking us on trails that needed to be ridden. Steve we thank for his kindness and genuine interest in people. Leah we thank for showing us some of the most stunning scenery in the world and her caring nature. Above all I must thank Blue Duck for taking care of me and restoring my faith in horses, they are God’s special creatures. If I could pack him in my suitcase I would take that gentleman home! Thank you all for a super holiday. We will be back.” I wrote this in 2007 and indeed did return to the Bar W in 2009 to experience the Cowgirl Up for the first time. In life we are taught never to go back as it may not live up to our memories, however, coming back here has broken that myth! The 2009 holiday afforded me time with friends, old (met at the Bar W in 2007) and new, fabulous riding thanks to Buster and as expected professional and knowledgeable staff whom have truly been a pleasure to interact with especially as they predict our needs before we even know we have any! I will be back!!! Thank you to everyone at Bar W! The Bar W in Montana is a little piece of heaven and I thoroughly recommend you visit soon. Pauline, Scotland, UK



Kay El Bar Ranch, Wickenburg, Arizona

The Most relaxing place on Earth, Kay El Bar we'll be back - My Wife and I had our second visit to the KL last year. It was like coming home. Everyone is so friendly, Guests and Staff. It is like one big family. The rides are amazing and tailored to your ability and what you would like. Fast paced loping ride or a long scenic mountain hike. All day ride with lunch overlooking fabulous canyons. Nothing is too much trouble the wranglers are great fun but professional too. The food is amazing, simple home cooking with family style seating discussing the rides and views and enjoying being relaxed. You don't need to think for the week you can just … be….and at the end of the day the sumptuous bed just floats you off to dreams of being a cowboy. Ready and refreshed more of the same. Not once did I want to see a TV, Phone or Newspaper, nor did I ever want to again. I could seriously live that life. Our second visit will NOT be our last. I seriously cannot stress how stress free a visit here is. It is well worth the 11hour flight in fact it is a positive bargain when you feel that stress just pour away into laughter. Thank you Kay El Bar. Daniel, West Sussex, England.



Spotted Horse Ranch, Jackson, Wyoming

Well I just returned from our trip out west with my daughter, son-in-law and my husband, I'm thankful we ended our final day of our vacation at the Spotted Horse Ranch. If we would have started our vacation at the ranch we would have not left to our other locations. The personal treated you like family, we where there only for a few days and felt we knew these people forever. The was a little of something for all of us. I am not a horse person but did go out riding a few times and was amazed at the view and how well the horses responded. We went whitewater rafting, hot springs swim, fly fishing which is more my thing, ate wonderful food and enjoyed entertainment in the evening at their private Saloon. I have been telling everyone about it and can't wait to return, but this time for the full week. If you haven't tried a dude ranch, this is the place, you will not be disappointed. Sincerely, Kathy Rader, Kenosha, WI.



Drowsy Water Ranch, Granby, Colorado

I have been to Drowsy Water Ranch five times and can't wait to get back this spring. I have taken several different friends with me, including my 82 year old aunt, and they all loved it. The valley is beautiful, the owners are so nice, and the staff goes out of their way to help you. Not only do you get to ride great horses, but you can go white water rafting, eat breakfast on the mountain top, square dance, hike in some of the most beautiful areas, kids can catch trout (and then eat them if they want to), wade in a mountain stream, see all kinds of wildlife, eat great meals (I gain 5 or 6 pounds every year), and so many more great things that I would have to write a whole page. They make you feel at home the whole time you are there plus they have so many activities you never miss the television or telephone. I especially would recommend Drowsy Water for folks with children. They have a wonderful children’s program with activities for all ages. I have seen so many happy first time riders, young and old. It is amazing what they can do for beginners in just a week. This is a great place for a vacation and I will be going back every chance I get. Paulette, Kentucky.

No comments: