Friday, June 18, 2010

Riding high at the Bar Lazy J Ranch

Another great article posted June 17, 2:25 PM by Denver Outdoor Travel Examiner Melanie Pahl!


This is one in a series on the guest ranches of western Colorado.

Growing up around horses is every little girl’s dream. By age 8 I would doodle them, collect miniatures of them and eventually own one and this love affair continues today. This past summer I was given the opportunity to stay at the Bar Lazy J Ranch in western Colorado to write about my experiences there. The bonus was that I could ride every day. My exposure to horses has been limited since I live in the city and life somehow moves you along. But this trip was something that I needed in order to reconnect with a part of my soul that had been ignored for too long. I was going to get up on a horse every chance I got and what better location than the Arapaho National Forest outside of Rocky Mountain National Park?  Read More...

No comments: