Monday, March 8, 2010

Guest Testimonials of the Week

The Flying E Ranch, Arizona - We just returned from out 8th time at the Flying E and always have a terrific time. The weather this year was especially nice, 70s all week long, and the riding, the food, the entertainment, all are absolutely Top Notch! We can't say enought good things about our time there. John and Priscilla FOLIN.

This past August, I enjoyed some of the best dry-fly fishing that I’ve ever experienced at the Hawley Mountain Guest Ranch in Montana, and I've fished all around the country and the world. The unbelievably robust wild trout population on the 1 1/2 mile stretch of the Boulder River at the Ranch is a paradigm of the effectiveness of catch & release, which has been strictly enforced at the Ranch since 1972. I've been coming to the Ranch with my family for over 15 years. On this year's trip, my son, Mike (an experienced fly fisherman), landed a 25" wild rainbow on a #14 royal and my nephew, Jason, fly fishing for only the second time in his life, caught an 18" wild cutthroat! Because the insect hatches are so prolific, the fish (even the big ones) rise to dry flies (caddis, humpies, hoppers, etc.) all day. Stocked rainbows in the pond are even bigger and guests may keep a fish or 2 from the pond for lunch or dinner. Although there were a number of fisher people at the Ranch, including my family and friends, crowding was not an issue as there are numerous great pools and riffles. And they're easy to find, aided by maps at the Lodge, so no guides (and no guide fees) are needed. Lessons for beginners are free. I'm an experienced fly fisherman and each day I caught from 50 to 100 wild trout: rainbows, cutthroats, cutbows and brookies ranging from 6" to over 20". Even novices can boast of 5 to 25 trout-days. And, if I want to take a break from the river, I can indulge myself with a fantasy fishing trip: either a horseback ride to the high mountain-meadow streams of Meat Rack, or a 4X4 day-trip to Monument Peak to catch wild goldens in Blue Lake, or both. And best of all, room & board (3 meals per day), fishing, horseback riding and excursions are all included at under $200 per person per day for a week’s stay! In my opinion, you just can't find a better fly fishing experience or value anywhere. Stephen Gerard, New York City (& Catskills) NY 2010

K Diamond K Ranch in  Republic, Washington - Kathy, Brian, Steve, June, Lexi and Steven, I wanted to say thank you for hosting an 84 year old granny. I so enjoyed your new lodge and all the activities you had to offer. Your beds are very comfortable and I loved the gorgeous setting. The highlight of my trip was seeing your pet deer, Bambi and the new baby goat that was born while I was visiting. Thank you for having a "Granny friendly" lodge. I am saving my social security checks for my next visit. See you soon, I hope! -Pearl Mance.

Smith Fork Ranch in Crawford, Colorado - What an amazing experience for our family.! We loved trying new things - cow penning, archery, and river rafting in particular. The trail rides were beautiful, the scenery amazing, and the mountain air so wonderful for a bunch of city kids. We will definitely be back!

No comments: